Eye Society Inc. respects your rights to privacy. This privacy outlines the information we collect about you, why we collect this and how they are used.
Your web browser or client software transmits certain information to the servers that host the websites you visit. The information may include the unique number assigned to your server or Internet connection, the capabilities and features of your computer, your geographic location, and your movement within and interaction with the website, including what pages you look at and what information you download. When you visit the Eye Society website, our servers collect such information and use it to generate aggregate statistics about visitors to the website.
What Information do we collect?
We only collect, store and process your personal data in accordance with relevant laws and regulations. Data collection normally happens in the following circumstances:
- When you complete a purchase with us, both online and in-store
- When you book an eye exam with us
- When you contact Customer Service
- When you interact with us on social media
- When you submit an item for repair
- When you attend our events
- When you place on order with us
- When you email or phone in inquiries
- When you apply for a job
- When you accept a job role in the company
- When we conduct polls or surveys
- We collect your personal information from third parties where you have given us permission to do so. Whenever Eye Society Inc. works with third parties, we will ask for your consent before your details are shared. Note that the personal information given with consent is only shared with a third party for the purpose of offering you goods or services which fall outside the remit of our day to day business, these third parties will be considered Data Controllers in their own right, and Eye Society Inc. cannot be held liable for any data breach.
Why We Collect Your Data
We use your name and contact details so we can keep a record of your customer profile, draft contracts, process and fulfill your orders, take payments and update you on order status. This helps us manage issues during order fulfillment.
We also collect your data so we can keep records to comply with our business and legal obligations. We rely on your consent to use your information so we can send you updates and information about our business, marketing promotions, offers, competitions, event information by email, phone, post or SMS, for all goods and services offered by us. However you have the right to opt out at any time.
We collect your data to help us improve services and sales, and to process eye exam appointments. Information on your date of birth and personal preferences may also be collected to help us streamline the communication that we send to you and make sure that it remains relevant.
Any communications sent that are related to marketing/promotional activities have an opt-out option.
Medical information relating to your eyes are collected by us and are kept to for prescription purposes.
We take payment information to fulfill your order.
We collect your data for the purposes of recruitment and employment to establish an employment contract with you. We collect information about your gender, marital status, information of any disability you have or other medical information. We use this to ensure the efficient administration of contractual benefits to you, as well as to allow us to make reasonable adjustments in relation to disabled employees.
Who do we share your personal data with?
As a general rule, we are not allowed to share your data to third party except in limited circumstances as listed below.
By giving your consent, you authorize Solaire to disclose your personal data to accredited/affiliated third parties or independent/non-affiliated third parties, whether local or foreign in any of the following circumstances:
- The use or disclosure is reasonably necessary, required or authorized by or under law (such as for criminal investigation, as requested by court of law).
- This means we might provide your personal data to the following:
- Our affiliates, subsidiaries, partner companies, organizations, or agencies including their sub-contractors or prospective business partners that act as our service providers and contractors;
- Law enforcement and government agencies;
How you can access, correct and update the personal data we have about you?
Cookies are small files that our website puts on your personal computer (PC) to store information about your preferences. Cookies can improve your browsing experience by allowing our website to remember your preferences or letting you avoid signing in each time you visit our website. If you don’t want our website to store cookies on your PC, you can block cookies. But blocking cookies might prevent some pages from displaying correctly, or you might get a message from our website letting you know that you need to allow cookies to view our website.
For you to fully enjoy your visit and browsing experience, only non-identifiable web traffic data are collected and analyzed, including:
- Your internet protocol (IP) address,
- The search terms you used,
- The pages and internal links accessed on our site,
- The date and time you visited the site, including frequency of visits
- Your operating system, and
- Web browser type
Use the options in your web browser if you do not wish to receive cookies or you wish to set your browser to notify you when you receive cookies. Click on the “Help” section of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences. If you disable all cookies, you may not be able to take advantage of all the features of this website.